Anything scholarly relevant will be announced here.
- Approaches to measure class importance in Knowledge Graphs (June 10, 2021):
Paper by Daniel Fernández-Álvarez et al. published in PLOS ONE. In this paper, we analyze existing techniques to measure class importance in knowlege graphs and propose a novel approach called ClassRank.
- ¿Qué posiciones ideológicas usan más bulos y bots? (May 13, 2021):
Versión blog de un hilo de Twitter en el que repaso alguna literatura académica relevante sobre la exposición a, creencia en y difusión de desinformación así como el uso de bots por distintos actores del espectro político (in Spanish).
- Todo es mentira, salvo alguna cosa (Comportamiento malicioso en la Web) (January 27, 2021):
- Prophylaxis for Twitter (January 25, 2021):
- Cómo ha cambiado la política en la era digital (November 9, 2020):
- Retooling Politics (book) (June 11, 2020):
- Reconstruction of "La Dama del balcón" (May 25, 2020):
- Twitter historical dataset 2006-2009 (May 19, 2020):
After being in a metaphorical drawer for quite a long time I'm publishing this: "Twitter historical dataset: March 21, 2006 (first tweet) to July 31, 2009 (3 years, 1.5 billion tweets)"
- Retooling Politics (May 2, 2020):
- Tools of the trade for graduate students (April 20, 2020):
- Something is rotten in the state of Denmark (July 4, 2019):
- Analyzing the use of existing systems for the CLPsych 2019 Shared Task (May 1, 2019):
- "La campaña más intoxicada" (April 12, 2019):
- "El desarrollo de software no se parece a la construcción, se parece a la alta cocina" (March 13, 2019):
- MERA: A Musical Entities Reconciliation Architecture Based on Semantic Technologies (September 26, 2017):
With Daniel Fernández-Álvarez, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo and Patricia Ordóñez de Pablos, to appear in International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS), 13(4)
- An Ethical Inquiry into Youth Suicide Prevention Using Social Media Mining (September 1, 2017):
With Amaia Eskisabel-Azpiazu and Rebeca Cerezo-Menéndez; to appear in Michael Zimmer and Katharina Kinder-Kurlanda (Eds.) "Internet Research Ethics for the Social Age" published by Peter Lang.
- Social Media Won't Free Us (August, 2017):
Social media has been lauded as a democracy catalyzer while overlooking the adversarial opportunities it offers: Social media isn't going to overthrow authoritarianism but it might help to pave the way for authoritarian manners in democratic countries.
- Reconstruction of a free-standing sculpture using SfM (March 8, 2017):
A student and I have been working on the reconstruction of one sculpture using Structured from Motion methods.
- Politics and Social Media (December 7, 2016):
I'm giving away my book on politics and social media.
- Social Media and Authoritarianism (December 1, 2016):
Social media is not a democracy catalyzer, it can be exploited by authoritarian regimes to their advantage and, what's more, Western countries are slipping to authoritarian manners regarding social media.
- Release of TwitterTooddler (October 28, 2016):
I've developed a Twitter Historical Archive covering March 2006-July 2009. It contains about 1.5 billion tweets, the whole public timeline of that period.
- Reconstruction of a pre-romanesque church using SfM (May 26, 2016):
A group of students and myself have been working on the reconstruction of San Julian de los Prados using Structured from Motion methods.
- You should have put a preprint on it... (January 26, 2016):
Blog post about the benefits of releasing your research as preprints.
- La opinión de Twitter no es la opinión pública (December 10, 2015):
Invited post (in Spanish) at Rasgo Latente, a collaborative blog about Psychology.
- Big data y medios sociales (November 18, 2015):
I delivered a talk during the XV Science Week at the University of Oviedo.
- Social Media, Democracy, and Democratization (June 26, 2015):
Invited piece published in IEEE Multimedia.
- What do we mean when we talk about Twitter political opinion? (June 26, 2015):
Invited post at The Plot, a blog published by the European Political Science Association (EPSA) and Cambridge University Press.
- "TEDx OviedoUniversity" (March 21, 2015):
- "Twitter - A Digital Socioscope" (January 1, 2015):
- "El impacto del Big Data en la Empresa" (November 12, 2014):
- RNE - Informativo de Asturias (October 7, 2014):
- "Directos al mediodía" (RTPA) (September 4, 2014):
- "Big Data, Twitter, opinión pública y mercados" (July 3, 2014):
Lecture about Big Data, Twitter and public opinion delivered during a seminar on Big Data organized by Fundación Ramón Areces (in Spanish).